Sunday 14 June 2009

The Grind

Well, Gadron is level 15 now. I went to Bloodmyst Isle as I said. It's always a bit of a mixed bag for me to go there these days. On one hand it's a great place for experience and quest rewards, but because I always go there to level (except for classes who don't have trainers at The Exodar) I am getting a little tired of seeing the place. However, the pros far outweigh the cons, so I'm sticking with it.

I'm really starting to get a feel for the Mage now. I can usually kill an enemy before they get any cheap shots on me, though occasionally i get stuck with another one attacking me at the same time. Thankfully, polymorph is my best friend at this point :)

I'm still suffering from mana problems, although they are (very) slowly waning. It used to be I could blast two mobs before having to stop for a drink. Now it's three, sometimes four. I'm beginning to understand why Blizz gave mages the ability to make their own water.

Tailoring is going well at the moment, thanks to the stores of Linen and Wool Cloth I had on other characters. Unfortunately I didn't have as much Wool as I though so I came up a little short on that, but I'm quite close to being able to make stuff with Silk Cloth, which I have LOADS of, so I'm looking forward to making use of that. Also on the plus side all the stuff I've been making that I don't need I've been sending to my Paladin for disenchanting, which is building me up some nice stocks of enchanting supplies, which may come in handy somewhere down the line :)

I'm finding Herbalism to be a pain to level up. I've tried this on characters I've been levelling up before and it's always been a pain. The problem is that the most abundant stuff is Peacebloom and Silverleaf, which doesn't always give a point by this stage of levelling. The next most abundant stuff is too high for me to pick, which means I'm stuck in a mid point of levelling. It's usually just a bump in the road of levelling Herbalism (and Mining suffers from it too) but I shall persevere as always :)

One last problem I faced was during level 12. I don't know if I've usually managed to get another level before coming here, or if I usually do a couple of quests on the other Draenei isle before going to Bloodmyst, but about a third of the way through level 12 I ran out of yellow quests. This was obviously a major problem as quests are by far the best way to level. In the end I had to run around killing Blood Elf NPCs in order to get to 13. However, dead Blood Elves are never a bad thing ;)

Anyway, that's all for now. Going to go back on him now and see what I can get today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment